Phoning the Surgery
Ringing the surgery is one of the most popular ways to make an appointment, however at peak times the telephone lines can be very busy. The below graph shows the times when the surgery’s telephone lines are usually most busy, and you may experience longer waiting times.
If your need is non-urgent, please consider ringing at another time of the day, or you may wish to use eConsult to get in touch. You can do this here.
Best times to call the surgery
You can see the busiest times of day on the telephone lines here. Try calling at the green times of day, if your need is not urgent.
The surgery is also usually busier at the start of the week; you may prefer to call later in the week instead.
Did you know, you can also book appointments online, via the official NHS App.
The NHS App is a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone. You can use the NHS App to:
- Order your repeat prescriptions
- Book appointments (telephone and face-to-face)
- Get health advice
- View your health record securely
- View your NHS COVID Pass for travel abroad
- Register your organ donation decision
- Access health services on behalf of someone you care for
- View and manage your care plans
You can access the NHS App by searching for ‘NHS App’ on the App Store or Play Store, or you can download it via our online services page.